As the daughter of a narcissist, I am uniquely qualified to guide you through your own process of recovery. For many years, I knew something was wrong but I couldn’t put my finger on it. When I read Dr. McBride’s Book Will I Ever Be Good Enough I realized, with sadness and relief, that I was raised by a narcissist. Finally, someone had put into words what I had been experiencing all my life.
Dr. McBride helped me to recognize the emotional abuse I experienced in childhood and the effect it has had on my adult life.
In therapy we will:
• Develop an individualized program to help you overcome the debilitating effects of emotional abuse.
• You will have the opportunity to talk about your own experience with the support of someone who understands.
• We will explore the difference between the messages you received and the person you truly are.
• You will have support in deciding how to deal with your narcissistic parent.
• Finally, we will stop the cycle so that the effects of parental narcissism do not continue.
I am trained in Dr. McBride’s WIEBGE 5-step therapy model as well as empirically validated treatments for trauma including EMDR, EFT, and Somatic Experiencing.
I specialize in Adult Children of Narcissists, Codependency, and Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families with an emphasis on early childhood survival and its effect on adult relationships. My style is interactive, engaged, and non-judgmental.
Zoom appointments available
License and Credentials:
Doctor of Clinical Psychology
Therapist in-person workshop: Level II Clinical Training, 9 hour intensive
Therapist Virtual Workshop: Level I Training