Cheers and blessings to our friends, family, readers and colleagues for a healthy and abundant holiday season. May it be filled will all the love you can muster up and give away in generous portions.
Will I Be Good Enough For Santa? You Better Not Cry, You Better Not Pout!
Last year around this time I was having a discussion about the holidays with two brilliant five-year-olds. They both had the family tradition of making that wish list for Santa. One of them was exuberant about her desires and generously shared her thoughts. But when I inquired about the wishes of the second child, she burst into tears. My heart stopped. What was wrong? Read Dr. McBride’s holiday blog post on Psychology Today.
Dr. Karyl’s TOP 10 Tips For The Holidays!!
- Be yourself at all times. (Practice authenticity)
- Do not triangulate in communication with family. Speak directly to each one and not about them with others.
- Set your boundaries and allow yourself to say NO when you find it is about your own self-care.
- Give up perfection and give yourself a break in all the holiday preparation.
- Smile warmly at your family and others while roaming about during the season. A smile is a great gift to freely give away!
- Find at least 3 random acts of kindness you can offer this season and do them.
- Be a cheerleader for yourself and write down all that you have accomplished this year. Give yourself credit!!
- Treat each and every child in your world with ultra respect and kindness.
- Kiss Santa and others you love as often as you can.
- If you have not started recovery, make that your New Year’s Resolution and jump on board with us! Take the online workshop!
Give Yourself The Holiday Treat Of Recovery.
See the discounted holiday price for our online virtual workshop: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers! You can take this course in the privacy of your own home and at your own pace. Come join us! Take care of you!Get Started
Come join us on Facebook and join the giraffe club for group discussions. Remember our giraffe necklaces are for sale in the online store and not only represent our group mascot but your purchase goes towards continued research! Help the grassroots movement that is growing and growing because of all of you!